(7) All available materials handling equipment
should be used as much as possible in the
handling of air-drop items.
(8) Periodic rotation of stock, conversion of
policies, and strict adherence to all safety
regulations will be practiced at all times.
General Information. An in-storage inspection is
a physical check conducted on a random sample of air
delivery equipment which are located in storage.
Intervals. Lowering devices in storage will be
inspected at least semiannually and at more frequent
intervals if prescribed by the local maintenance officer.
Inspection. Inspect to insure that the lowering
device is ready for issue.
(1) Check the lowering device for proper
(2) Check that no damage or deterioration has
(3) Ensure that all modifications or similar
requirements have been completed.