b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed
by part number in ascending alphanumeric sequence (i.e.,
vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which
places the first letter or digit of each group In order A through
Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following
letter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for
Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency,
etc., that supplies the item.
(2) Part number column. Indicates the primary number
used by the manufacturer (individual, firm, corporation, or
Government activity), which controls the design and
characteristics of the item by means of its engineering
drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection
requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN for
the associated part number and manufacturer identified in the
part number and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure
where the item is identified/located in Section II and
(5) (5) Item column. The item number is that number
assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.