servo mounting lockwasher and capscrew, but only turn
capscrew two or three threads.
(5) Install servo tubes.
(6) Install control valve (para 4-5).
(7) Tighten front servo mounting capscrew.
22 Servo assy, front
(8) Position rear servo anchor strut and rotate rear
5 Servo assy, rear
band to engage strut.
(9) Position servo actuating lever strut and install
(10) Refer to figure 4-7 to insure that the servos
have been installed as shown.
f. Front Servo Adjustment.
(1) Loosen front servo adjusting screw locknut.
(2) Back off nut three turns.
(3) Loosen adjusting screw five complete turns.
(4) Using front band adjusting wrench, insert 1/4"
spacer between lever end stem.
(5) Tighten screw until ratchet overruns.
(6) Back off adjusting screw one complete turn and
tighten locknut to 20-25 ft-lbs. torque.
g. Rear Servo Adjustment.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Loosen adjusting screw locknut three turns with
(1) Inspect bodies for dents and cracks.
(2) Inspect screws and nuts for stripped threads.
(2) Back off adjusting screw until free travel is
(3) Inspect mating surfaces for burrs, and remove
(3) Tighten adjusting screw until ratchet overruns.
(4) Inspect shafts and levers for excessive wear
(4) Back off adjusting screw 12 turns.
or other defects.
(5) Hold adjusting screw stationary and tighten
(5) Inspect springs for fatigue and distortion
(6) Replace defective parts as necessary.
(7) Discard and replace rings.
4-7. Transmission Lever Linkage
d Reassembly and Installation. Reassembly front
(1) Position front servo with band forward and
(2) Remove transmission lever linkage shown in
(2) Position servo strut with slotted end aline with
b. Disassembly. Disassemble transmission lever
servo actuating lever and small end alined with band
(3) Rotate band, strut, and servo into position
engaging anchor end of band with anchor pin in
(4) Locate servo on dowel in case, install front