(2) Refer to LO 10-3950-203-12 and add
4-9. Torque Converter
a. Removal. Remove transmission (para 4-8).
transmission fluid as required.
b. Disassembly. Disassemble torque converter as shown in
1 Bolt (6)
2 Washer (6)
4 Bolt (6)
5 Washer (6)
Figure 4-13. Torque converter, exploded view.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts.
(2) Inspect parts for cracks, excessive wear, or
(2) Apply hand and service brakes and start
other defects. Replace defective parts as necessary.
d. Reassembly and Installation.
(3) Place transmission selector in drive and
accelerate engine to wide open throttle.
(1) Reassemble torque converter in reverse
procedure of removal.
seconds. A steady reading at stall speed indicates the
(2) Service torque converter (LO 10-3950-203-12).
e. Installation. Install transmission (para 4-8).
converter is operating normally. In the event that it is
not operating normally, repair or replace as necessary.