threads, damaged lens, distortion, or other damage.
(3) Replace lamp if defective, replace stop-
light and taillight assembly if other parts are defective.
d. Stoplight and Taillight Installation. Reverse
procedures in b above.
4-32. Spotlight Assembly
a. Spotlight Lamp Replacement.
that secures cowl (1) to body (7).
(2) Loosen and remove screw (6) that se-
cures cap (5) to body.
(3) Remove cowl from body.
(4) Pry retainers (18) off that secure lamp (2)
(5) Remove two screws that secure leads to
lamp; remove lamp.
b. Spotlight Assembly Removal. Remove nut (12)
and bolt wedge (14) that secures handle (13) to shaft;
remove handle from shaft, loosen clamp that holds
shaft/sleeve to mounting bracket. Disconnect wire leads.
Remove spotlight assembly.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean spotlight assembly with a cloth
dampened in an approved cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect lamp for burnt or damaged
terminals, chipped glass, or other damage.
(3) Replace lamp if defective, and inspect body
and cowl for dents and distortion.
d. Installation. Reverse procedures in b above.
Figure 4-16. Tail-stop light, exploded view.