Figure 4-18. Engine oil cooler, removal.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
4-35. Radiator Assembly
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(1) Clean foreign matter from cooling fins by
(2) Straighten any bent cooling fins.
forcing compressed air through radiator.
(3) Inspect cooler for cracks and damaged
(2) Flush cooling system with a chemical
threads. Replace as required.
cleaner in accordance with current directives. After
(4) Inspect hoses for worn or cracked
flushing, fill cooling system with anti- freeze (table 2-1)
condition. Replace defective hoses.
containing rust inhibitor or water and rust inhibitor in
accordance with cur- rent directives.
(1) Reverse instructions for removal.
(3) If cooling system is badly clogged with rust
(2) Operate engine for 5 minutes at idle speed,
and scale, reverse flow. Flush radiator and engine as
observe for leaks at connections. Replenish oil as