Figure 4-52. Service brake pedal and linkage, exploded view.
until brake lining contacts the brakedrum.
(8), c-washers (10), and strap (11).
(3) Loosen nut at anchor pin adjuster and
(8) Remove springs (6) and remove shoes
rotate anchor pin sufficiently to relieve drag on
brakedrum when rotating wheel by hand.
b. Installation. Reverse procedures in a above.
(4) Repeat steps (2) and (3) until additional
c. Wheel Bearing Adjustment
rotation of anchor pin will no longer relieve drag.
(5) Lock anchor pin position with nut.
(6) Back off eccentric cam sufficiently to
permit wheel to turn freely.
(2) Install wheel bearing adjusting nut (7).
(7) Adjust each brakeshoe in turn following
Screw nut against bearing as wheel is revolved.
steps (2) thru (6).
(3) Tighten adjusting nut to 50 foot-pound
(8) Subsequent adjustments to compensate
torque while wheel is being rotated. Rotate wheel in both
for lining wear are made with the eccentric cam only.
directions to correctly position bearings.
Turn cam to bring lining into contact with the drum. Back
(4) Back off adjusting nut (7) 1/4 to 1/3 turn.
off sufficiently to permit wheel to turn freely.
(5) Position lockwasher (8) against adjusting
nut (7) and lock in place with locknut (9). Tighten locknut
d. Adjustment of Brakeshoes.
installation when the hydraulic system is filled with fluid
and whenever the system has been
(1) Jack up front wheels of crane.