Figure 4-60. Hook block and cable, removal points.
Figure 4-61. Boom sheave, removal.
of the boom, and must be referred to Direct Support
(2) Lubricate in accordance with current
4-79. Boom Sheave
Note. Both side wear plates should be
adjusted in the same manner, to maintain the boom
the boom sheave as instructed.
in a "centered" position.
b. Inspection and repair.
(1) Inspect sheave groove for excessive wear.
(2) Replace a sheave that shows wear on the
(2) Remove wear plate and holder assembly
c. Installation. Install in the reverse of removal.
(3) Install shims, equally on both sides, to
4-80. Boom Adjustment
provide a total of 0.125 to 0.250 inch clearance between
Organizational maintenance is
wear plates and boom.
limited to adjusting the side wear plates on the boom.
Adjustment of other wear plates, requires the removal