Figure 3-5. Engine oil filter service for engine model D333TA.
i. Power Take-Off Breather Service and Cover
(5) Install in reverse order.
(6) Refer to lubrication order LO 5-3810-201-
12 for interval and lubricant, then change as required.
(1) Refer to current lubrication order LO 5-
Starter Motor Inboard Bearing Service.
3810-201-12 for correct interval, then remove and
Refer to LO 5-3810-201-12 for correct interval and
service power take-off breather as directed below.
lubricant, then service as described below.
breather cover, then remove filter body from short
(2) Clean the starter motor and bendix drive
nipple by turning body counterclockwise. Cover short
with an approved cleaning solvent. Use care not to
nipple with a clean cloth to prevent entry of
allow solvent inside motor, then dry thoroughly.
contaminating material into power take-off.
(3) Inspect all parts visually for signs of wear
(3) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
or damage. Replace a defective starter motor.
solvent then dry thoroughly with low pressure
(4) Lubricate as directed in LO 5-3810-201-12.
(4) Inspect filter wire mesh for damage, or
other defect to body. Replace a defective filter body.