(2) To change vertical position, loosen
by turning counterclockwise.
adjusting nut, move adjusting bracket until beam is in
(2) Clean breather in an approved cleaning
desired position, then tighten adjusting nut.
solvent and dry thoroughly with compressed air. Be
b. Lamp Replacement.
sure that screen mesh of breather is free of all foreign
(1) Remove three screw and lockwasher
(fig. 3-17) from rear
of body and remove lamp retainer.
(3) Install breather on coupling and secure by
(2) Remove three screw and lockwasher from
turning clockwise until tight.
plate on rear of retainer, remove plate, then remove
lamp and packing from lamp retainer.
(3) Install packing in retainer, install new lamp;
position plate on retainer, then secure with three
a. Floodlight Adjustment.
lockwasher and screws.
(1) To change horizontal position loosen
(4) Position lamp retainer on floodlight body,
so that lamp prongs engage socket in body, then secure
retainer to body with three lock-washer and screws.
3-16. Battery Service
a. General. Batteries should be fully charged at all
times, and acid level must be maintained at 3/8 inch
above plates. Service batteries as directed in b below.
Figure 3-17. Floodlight adjustment and lamp
Figure 3-16. Fuel tank breather service, model 855BG3.