Figure 3-90. Fan and support bracket (engine model 687C-18-ES), removal and installation.
(6) Remove 12 capscrews, washers, and
(7) Remove water manifold and six gaskets
(8) Install in reverse order.
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Scrape or brush all carbon, corrosion, or
rust off parts, clean with an approved cleaning solvent,
(2) Visually inspect water manifold for cracks,
breaks, or warping.
(3) Visually inspect all threaded surfaces for
burs or defective threads.
(4) Replace a defective manifold, all gaskets,
and defective mounting hardware.
Figure 3-91. Fan (engine model D333TA), removal or