Figure 3-108. Jackshaft clutch shoes, removal and installation.
(1) Clean all metal parts except clutch shoe
position, since dead shoe receives
in an approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
very little wear.
Blow dust off clutch shoe lining and shoe with low
pressure compressed air, or wipe with dry clean cloth.
swing (jackshaft) clutch shoes.
(2) Visually inspect clutch shoe lining for
3-129. Main Hoist Shaft Clutch Shoes
wear, mounting hardware for burs or stripped threads,
a. Removal and Installation.
and test the strength of springs.
(1) Remove auxiliary clutch hydraulic brake
(3) Repair by replacing weak or damaged
springs or defective mounting hardware. Replace clutch
shoe when lining is worn to within 50 percent of original
hoist shaft clutch shoes.
(3) Remove remaining clutch shoes in a
Clutch shoes may be switched,
placing the "dead" shoe in "live