Figure 3-114. Shovel sprocket and planetary pinion gear, removal and installation.
b. Boom Hoist Holding Pawl, Removal and
3-136. Boom Hoist Planetary Brake, Hoist Brake, and
Boom Hoist Holding Pawl
a. Planetary or Hoist Brake Band Removal and
hoist holding pawl.
(2) Install in reverse order.
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
remove hydraulic line.
(1) Clean all metal parts in an approved
(2) Remove two cotterpins and pins from
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly. Clean brake band
hydraulic cylinder linkage then remove cylinder (para 3-
lining with a cloth, or blow dry with compressed air.
(2) Visually inspect all parts for damage or
(3) Remove two cotterpins and pins securing
defect, and brake lining for excessive wear.
(3) Repair by replacing brake band when
(4) Remove remaining cylinder and band in a
lining is worn to within 1/16 inch of rivet heads, and
replacing all damaged or defective mounting hardware
(5) Install in reverse order.
or parts as required.