Figure 3-131. Handrail, panel, window frame, and cab, removal and installation.
channel, lift lip with straight end of channel tool and
inspect handrail for bends,
allow glass to slip into position.
cracks, or burs on threads.
(4) When glass is in position, insert hooked
(3) Repair by straightening bends welding
end of tool into channel, move around window forcing
cracks, and chase burs off threads. Replace a defective
locking strip into position and completing the installation.
Note. Do not begin locking operation at
3-166. Door and Window Glass
channel joint. Start around the corners smoothly to
avoid buckling or crimping the channel. Use care,
(1) Insert hook end of channel tool in groove
and assure weather protection.
c Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
channel to break the seal.
(1) Clean edges of window frame, inside and
(2) Insert straight end of channel tool
out, with an approved cleaning solvent and dry
between channel and glass, move tool slowly around
window or door glass to break seal of channel to glass.
(2) Visually inspect channel for cracks,
Press glass outward gently while breaking seal and the
glass will slide (out of the frame when seal is completely
frame or panels for dents or cracks.
straightening dents in window frame. Replace defective
(1) Start channel along the side of opening.
channel or broken glass.
(2) Fit narrow edge of channel over edge of
window frame ;and continue, around frame until the two
3-167. Swinging Door
ends of channel are joined.
a Removal and Installation.
(3) Start glass in one of lower corner's of the