Figure 4-9. Clutch brakeshoes, removal and installation.
figure 4-8 and disassemble dipper trip clutch mechanism
(2) Disconnect hydraulic hose at coupling nut.
in numerical sequence. Assemble in reverse order.
(3) Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
and flatwasher, then remove backplate from brake
(a) Clean all parts in an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(4) Remove two retainers, springs, and brake
(b) Visually inspect brakeshoes for
excessively worn, or defective lining.
(5) Disconnect and remove brake return
brakeshoes when lining is defective.
(c) Visually inspect brakedrum for
(6) Remove two locks, brakeshoes, washers,
and flatwashers from back plate.
damaged or defective brake drum.
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(d) Visually inspect mounting hardware,
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
seals, springs or retainers for defects.
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(e) Visually inspect hydraulic cylinder
excessively worn or cracked lining. Replace both shoes
for leakage, or lack of freedom in movement of piston.
when lining is defective.
Replace a defective cylinder.
(3) Check brake drum for scored or damaged
friction surface. Replace a defective brake drum (para
4-9. Dipper Trip Clutch Brakeshoes
plate, install washer and flatwasher, then secure with
and disconnect clevis.