b. Disassembly and Reassembly.
and two keeper plates which secure two pins in
(2) Remove two pins and lift four sheaves
c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Visually inspect mounting hardware for
stripped threads or burs; inspect sheaves for cracks or
Figure 4-12. Tagline winder, removal and installation.
excessive wear, then inspect spreader for bent, cracked,
or defective condition.
(3) Repair by replacing defective components
cribbing (fig. 2-6), then slack off on boom hoist cable
or mounting hardware.
until spreader rest on boom.
(2) Disconnect boom hoist cable from dead
4-16. Fairlead and sheaves
end socket on gantry, then wind cable on boom hoist
a. Removal and Installation.
drum slowly while guiding cable end through sheaves
(1) Lower dragline bucket to ground and
remove all tension from cables.
(3) Remove two cotterpins and pins, then
(2) Disconnect drag cable at dead end socket
remove two cable sockets from boom harness spreader.
(4) Lift the spreader off the boom.
slowly, while guiding cable end through sheaves.
(5) Install in reverse order.
Figure 4-13. Boom harness spreader, removal and installation