Section V. ACCESSORIES
(3) Replace defective horn, lead, or mounting
The accessory items installed on crane-shovel units
(1) Position horn on revolving frame (fig. 4-
include windshield wiper (winterized models) horn, and
extension (trouble) light. This section will describe
with two nuts.
organizational maintenance responsibilities for these
(2) Install two electrical leads as tagged and
remove tags. Insure that male electrical connector
plugs are well seated in the female half.
(1) Tag and disconnect two electrical leads
4-40. Extension (Troubl e) Light
The trouble light hangs in cab ready for installation of
quick connector plug into trouble light socket (fig. 2-24)
on lighting control panel. Length of light cord allows use
of light at any place inside cab enclosure.
4-41. Windshield Wiper
(1) Disconnect electrical lead from wiper.
(2) Remove two retainers and connecting link
(3) Remove two capscrews and lockwashers
that secures wiper to mounting bracket then remove
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with a rag dampened in an
approved cleaning solution and dry thoroughly.
(2) Visually inspect all parts for damage or
Figure 4-33. Horn, removal and installation.
defect. Test wiper and lead for continuity. Assure that
mounting hardware has not stripped threads.
(2) Remove two nuts, lockwashers, clamp,
(3) Repair by replacing defective mounting
and screws that secures horn to underside of revolving
hardware, electrical lead, or wiper.
frame and remove horn.
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Position wiper on mounting bracket, install
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Visually inspect horn and mounting
(2) Position connecting link or wiper and arm
hardware for damage or defect. Inspection electrical
posts and secure with retainers.
leads for defective insulation or connectors. Test leads
(3) Connect electrical lead to wiper and
secure by tightening screw.