Figure 4-42. Heater control panel, removal, disassembly, reassembly, and installation (Sheet 2 of 2).
(2) Visually inspect electrical lead for cracked
4-51. Glow Plugs (Engine Model D333TA Only)
or deteriorating insulation, or loose terminals. Inspect
glow plug for visible signs of short circuit (discoloration),
(1) Tag and disconnect electrical lead at glow
or other damage.
(3) Use an ohmmeter, place probe at each
end of lead and test for continuity. Replace a defective
counterclockwise with wrench on wrenching surface until
threads are disengaged then lift glow plug from
(4) Use an ohmmeter, place negative probe
precombustion chamber. Remove remaining plugs in a
at threads and positive probe at glow plug terminal, then
test for continuity. Replace a defective glow plug.
b. Cleaning, Inspection, Test, and Repair.
(1) Clean electrical lead and glow plug with a
rag dampened in an approved cleaning solvent and dry