(2) Turn steering wheel counterclockwise as
far as it will go. (This disengages both jaw clutches, and
sets both propel brakes in locked position).
(3) Measure distance between face of jaw
clutch (1, fig. 3-24) and face of brake drum (2), which
must be approximately inch. When distance is less,
turn adjusting nut (3) and locknut (4) downward until
distance between faces measures inch.
distance is greater, turn adjusting nut (3) and locknut (4)
upward until the distance is inch between faces.
(4) Spring tension on rod (5) against lever is
obtained by turning nuts (6) and (7) in an upward
(5) Turn steering wheel clockwise until both
jaw clutches (1) are fully engaged with recesses in brake
drum (2). When clutches are fully engaged, both propel
brakes will be in released position.
(6) Backoff locknut (8) and adjusting nuts
(9) and (10). Turn adjusting nut (11) on eyebolt (12)
until maximum tension is placed on spring (13) (the
hydraulic cylinder must be completely compressed).
(7) Pull lever (14) toward hydraulic cylinder,
hold it there while tightening adjusting nuts (10) and (9)
up against linkage. The pin (15) in lever (14) must be
snug against top of slot in link (16).
Figure 3-25. Swing brake adjustment.
Propel Brake Adjustment.
(1) Turn steering wheel counterclockwise as
(2) Tighten adjusting nut (17) on bolt (18)
far as it will go. Both propel brakes will be set in locked
until propel brake bands are tight.
adjustment with locknut.
Figure 3-26. Boom hoist brake adjustment points.