Figure 3-77. Fan and support bracket (engine model 687C-18-ES), removal and installation
(c) Disconnect bypass line from water pump
connection in similar manner.
(d) Remove remaining coolant lines in a similar
(e) Install in reverse order.
b. On Engine Model D333TA.
housing, thermostat, and coolant lines are removed from
and installed on engine model D33STA in a manner
similar to that described above.
3-99. Water Manifold (Model 687C-18-ES)
a Removal and Installation.
(1) Remove the exhaust manifold from
Figure 3-78. Fan (engine model DJ33TA), removal or
(2) Remove high water temperature switch
thermometer in a container 'of water.
(4) Remove thermostat housing (para 3-98).
(b) Heat water until thermostat is open, noting
(5) Remove 12 capscrews, washers, and
temperature when thermostat 'begins to open, and when it
is fully open. Thermostat should begin to open at 165F,
(6) Remove water manifold and six gaskets
and be fully open at 180F.
(7) Install in reverse order.
requirements of (b) above, it is defective and must be
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Scrape or brush all carbon, corrosion, or
(6) Coolant Lines removal and installation.
rust off parts, clean with an approved cleaning solvent
and dry thoroughly.
(2) Visually inspect water manifold for cracks,
remove hose from bypass line.
breaks, or warping.