Figure 3-96. Main hoist clutch shoes, removal and installation.
from support bracket.
(3) Remove the remaining bands in a similar
3-123. Planetary Clutch Band and Broke Bands
(4) Install in reverse order.
a. General. For shovel operation, the planetary
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
clutch band must be positioned with dead end above the
(1) Clean all metal parts in an approved
hydraulic cylinder. This is accomplished by use of a
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly. Clean clutch or
brake band by wiping with a clean rag, or use of
installed in a manner similar to that described in b,
(2) Visually inspect clutch or brake band for
b. Removal and Installation.
cracks, breaks, worn, or damaged condition Inspect
(1) Remove hydraulic clutch cylinder (par;.3-
springs for deformation, strength, or other defect.
Inspect mounting hardware for burs, wear, stripped
thread, or elongated holes.