Figure 3-101. Shovel sprocket and planetary pinion gear, removal and installation.
(2) Visually inspect all parts for damage,
(2) Remove two cotterpins and pins from
defect, or excessive wear.
hydraulic cylinder linkage then remove cylinder (para 3-
(3) Repair by replacing damaged, or
defective parts. Replace brake band when lining is worn
(3) Remove two cotterpins and pins securing
to within 1/16 inch of rivet heads.
c. Adjustment. Adjust swing brake linkage as
(4) Remove remaining cylinder and band in a
(5) Install in reverse order.
3-129. Boom Hoist Planetary Broke, Hoist Brake,
b. Boom Hoist Holding Pawl, Removal and Installation.
and Boom Hoist Holding Pawl
a. Planetary or Hoist Brake Band Removal and
hoist holding pawl.
(2) Install in reverse order.
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
remove hydraulic line.
(1) Clean all metal parts in an approved