Section XIX. TRACKS
(3) Travel crane-shovel unit slowly away from
This section describes maintenance procedures for the
removed master pin until the track is flat on the ground.
portion of the crawler assembly authorized at
(4) Position suitable jack under crawler frame
organization by the maintenance allocation chart. The
on the side where track is being removed and raise
track consists of track shoes pinned together around
crawler frame until track is free of lower track roller and
drive sprockets, upper support and bottom idler rollers,
to form a continuous tread for traveling of the crane-
(5) Pull the track assembly from under the
shovel basic unit. Two drive chains run from sprockets
on propel shaft to sprockets on track drive shaft to
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
operate individual tracks.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
3-134. Track (Tread), Links, and Pins
(2) Visually inspect side bars, shoulder bolts,
bushings, nuts, links, link pins, master link pins, and
(1) Travel crane-shovel unit to firm ground
shoes for cracks, breaks, excessive wear, or other
that is as level as possible, and stop with one of the
(3) Repair side bars by welding cracks or
(2) Drive out master pin, then remove spacer
breaks and replace other components that are damaged
and master bushing from link.
Figure 3-113. Track, removal and installation.