which are stored in, compartments of revolving frame,
(3) Secure lifting hooks in lifting eyebolts,
and the extension, which mounts on rear of revolving
take up slack then remove bolts and washers.
frame. Purpose of counterweight extension is to offset
(4) Lift extension up and off revolving frame,
extended weights of front end attachment and load. Slug
and move to a suitable storage area.
punchings are not ordinarily removed from revolving
(1) With a suitable lifting device, lift
3-155. Counterweight Extension
counterweight extension, move to rear of crane-shovel
basic unit and position it for installation.
(2) Install bolts and washer to secure
(1) Position lifting device capable of lifting
extension to frame, then remove lifting hooks.
10,000 lbs at rear of crane-shovel unit.
(3) Remove two lifting eyebolts, then install
plugs in bolt holes.
counterweight extension, and install two lifting eyebolts
Figure 3-117. Counterweight extension, removal and installation.
Section XXII. CAB, PANELS, DOORS, WINDOWS, AND SEATS
(3) Install in reverse order.
The cab of the crane-shovel basic unit is manufactured
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
of sheet metal sections, panels, doors, and window
(1) Clean handrail in an approved cleaning
frames, which are bolted to one another and to the
solvent and dry thoroughly.
revolving frame. Any part of the cab can be removed for
(2) Visually inspect handrail for bends,
repair, or in sections to provide access to machinery
cracks, or burs on threads
components that require repair or adjustment.
(3) Repair by straightening bends, welding
cracks, and chase burs off threads.
3-157. Door Handrail (Grip)
Replace a defective handrail.
a. Removal and Installation
3-158. Door and Window Glass
washers, then remove handrail from cab.
(1) Insert hook end of channel tool in
(2) Remove the two remaining nuts from