and flatwasher, then remove backplate from brake
(3) Cleaning, inspection and repair.
(4) Remove two retainers, springs, and brake
(a) Clean all parts in an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(5) Disconnect and remove brake return
(b) Visually inspect brakeshoes for
excessively worn, or defective lining. Replace
(6) Remove two locks, brakeshoes, washers,
brakeshoes when lining defective.
and flatwashers from back plate.
(c) Visually inspect brakedrum for
scored or damaged friction surface. Replace a damaged
b. Cleaning, inspection and Repair.
or defective brakedrum.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
(d) Visually inspect mounting hardware,
solvent and dry thoroughly.
seals, springs or retainers for defects. Replace defective
excessively worn or cracked lining. Replace both shoes
(e) Visually inspect hydraulic cylinder
when lining is defective.
for leakage, or lack of freedom in movement of piston.
Replace a defective cylinder.
(3) Check brake drum for scored or damaged
friction surface. Replace a defective brake drum (para
4-9. Dipper Trip Clutch Brakeshoe
and disconnect clevis.
plate, install washer and flatwasher, then secure with
(2) Disconnect hydraulic hose at coupling unit
Figure 4-9. Clutch brakeshoes, removal and installation.