Figure 4-11. Boom (extension) section, removal and installation
(1) Disconnect tagline from clamshell bucket
(6) Separate the two 10 foot pendant cables
and secure loose end.
from the 25 foot cables by removing cotterpins and pins
(2) Remove four nuts, lockwashers, bolts,
from rope sockets.
and two places securing left end of tagline winder to
(7) Remove boom point sheaves (para 4-20)
from upper section.
(8) Reassemble by reversing steps (7)
and two plates securing right end of winder to boom,
through (1) above.
then lift tagline winder from boom.
b. Cleaning and Inspection
When boom (extension) section is
not used, eliminate steps (5) and (6)
(1) Clean tagline winder with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
c. Cleaning, inspection and Repair.
(2) Inspect mounting hardware for burrs,
stripped threads, or cracked plates. Replace defective
(1) Clean all parts in an approved solution
hardware. Replace a defective tagline winder.
and dry thoroughly.
(2) Visually inspect all parts for signs of
excessive wear, damaged threads, scored bushings,
(1) Position tagline winder in boom Install two
damaged bearing, or other defects.
U-bolts, and two plates, then secure right end of winder
with four lockwashers and nuts.
(3) Repair by replacing worn or defective
(2) Install two plates, four bolts, and four
4-14. Tagline Winder