Figure 4-18. Boot point and idler sheaves, removal and installation
c. Installation of Bucket. Reeve drag cable, hoist
(5) Remove capscrew, lockwasher, and rod
end that secures boom point sheave shaft, drive out
cable, and dump cable and connect to dead ends (fig. 4-
shaft, then remove spacers and sheaves.
(6) Remove four nut, lockwasher, and cap
419. Hook Block and Weighted Hook
screw, then remove guard.
removal and installation of hook block or weighted hook.
replacement is required.
420. Boom Point and idler Sheaves
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Remove hook (para 4-19) or bucket
(2) Visually inspect all parts for signs of
(paras 417 or 418), that is currently is use, then wind
excessive wear, cracks, breaks, bends, or stripped
cables on drum(s).
(3) Replace all defective, damaged, or worn
bolt, and spacer.
(4) Remove capscrew, lockwasher, and rod
end securing idler sheave shaft, remove shaft, two
spacers, and three idler sheaves.