shafts. Remove four capscrews and washer, then
remove end plate.
Do not remove rivets from plate on
(2) Remove retaining rings from ends of
drum unless plate is to be replaced.
drum shaft; move pendulum aside, move drum shaft
(6) Reassemble by reversing procedure in
against bearing and press bearing out of frame until
steps (,5) through (1) above.
drum shaft is free of remaining bearing; remove bearing
from drum shaft, then remove drum and shaft from
At reassembly, assure that pendulum
and bind. Test by moving frame
(3) Loosen setscrew securing drum to shaft
back and forth through drum
and remove drum from shaft. Remove bearing retaining
ring, then remove remaining drum shaft bearing from
c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
frame. Drive pin from gear and shaft, then remove gear
(1) Clean -all parts, except bearings, in an
approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(4) Loosen setscrew and remove gear from
(2) Visually inspect bearings for signs of
pendulum shaft. Remove capscrew and shim from
scoring in races, excessive wear, or other defect.
pendulum, then remove pendulum from shaft.
Clean serviceable bearings by wiping exterior with a
(5) Remove retainer from outer shaft bearing;
cloth dampened' in engine lubricating oil, then lay them
drive bearing inward until free of frame; remove
bearings from pendulum shaft, then remove shaft.
Replace all defective bearings.
(3) Visually inspect all parts for signs of
excessive wear or other defect. Replace all defective
Section III. BACKHOE FRONT END ATTACHMENT
The backhoe front end attachment (fig, 4-24) does not
use the planetary pinion gear of the shovel, therefore if
the crane-shovel unit is so equipped, they must be
(4) Disconnect backhoe digging cable, boom
hoist cable and boom (gantry) hoist cable from dead end
boom, bucket handle, brace, bucket, auxiliary gantry,
sockets, then unreeve by winding cables on drums (fig.
spreader bar, backstop, boom foot adapters and
2-16). Wind cables slowly, while ends are carefully
backhoe lagging for digging drum. Cables for backhoe
guided through sheaves.
operation are listed in table 1-2, and are reeved as
(5) Use wedges or jacks to raise boom foot
enough to take weight off pins; remove pins which
attach backhoe boom adapters to revolving frame lugs.
When reeving the digging cable, be
The backhoe boom and gantry remain attached to boom
sure that a second layer does not
foot adapters. Secure backstop in closed position on
wrap on drum. Over wrapping
causes very rapid cable wear.
(6) Move crane-shovel unit away from
backhoe front end attachment.
Backhoe lagging for digging drum is installed, or
b. Disassembly and Reassembly.
4-26. Backhoe Front End Attachment
(3) Remove backhoe bucket (dipper) (para 4-
(1) Select a firm level area in which to work.
(4) Remove backhoe bucket (dipper) stick
If attachment will not be used for a
(5) Disassemble or reassemble backhoe
arrangements should be made to
(6) Disassemble and reassemble components
protect the machinery from damage
as described in the paragraphs listed above.
by the elements.
(7) Reassemble backhoe attachment by
(2) Pull bucket under boom and lower boom
reversing steps (4) through (1) above.
gradually until blocking may be placed between pitch
When backhoe front end
attachment is to be installed, assure that backhoe lag-
(3) Build cribbing at boom point and foot (fig.
2-15); lower boom
to cribbing, disconnect backstop