4-27. Backhoe Auxiliary Gantry
proceed as follows:
(1) Move crane-shovel unit into position at
(2) Use wedges or jacks to raise boom from
cribbing so that adapters line up with revolving frame
(2) Disconnect boom hoist, hoist, and digging
foot lugs, install pins that secure boom foot adapters to
revolving frame and secure pins with cotter pins (fig. 4-
(3) Lift auxiliary gantry from boom, lean it
toward crane-shovel, then attach backstop to revolving
two pins securing gantry to left and right hand boom foot
adapters, remove pins, then remove auxiliary gantry.
(4) Remove blocking that is between auxiliary
b. Disassembly and Reassembly.
through 9 is numerical sequence, then remove sheave
frames from gantry.
(5) Adjust boom hoist cable on drum until
auxiliary gantry is vertical; use hoist cable to raise boom
and wire rope socket from gantry frame.
and remove cribbing at point and foot of boom, then
(3) Complete disassembly, numerically, as
release digging cable and allow bucket to drop so
blocking can be removed from between brace and boom
(4) Reassemble in reverse order.
(6) Perform preventive maintenance checks
c. Installation. Install the auxiliary gantry by
reversing procedure in steps (4) through (1) in a above.
Figure 4-25. Auxiliary gantry and boom foot adapters.