DO NOT REMOVE BEARINGS OR BUSHINGS UNLESS REPLACEMENT IS REQUIRED.
Figure 4-27. Backhoe bucket, disassembly and reassembly.
d. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(2) Remove bail and link by removing cotter
(3) Remove cotter pin, nut, washers and bolt
(1) Clean all parts in an approve cleaning
securing brace to bucket. Remove cotter pins ,and pin
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(fig. 4-28) securing bucket
to bucket stick, then remove
(2) Visually inspect all parts for cracks,
breaks, bends or other defect.
b. Disassembly and Reassembly.
(3) Repair by welding cracks or breaks,
(1) Disassemble bail by removing two bolts,
straightening bends, or replacing defective mounting
then remove sheave from bail.
(2) Remove 12 nuts and bolts, and remove
4-28. Backhoe Bucket, Bail, and Teeth
left and right hand cutting edges.
(3) Drive pins and plugs out of five teeth then
remove teeth from adapter.
(1) Raise boom (par, 2-12b) build cribbing
(4) Drive key out of five adapters, then
under boom near foot, lower boom to rest, then
remove adapters from bucket.