NOTE: DO NOT REMOVE BEARINGS (17 AND 18) UNLESS REPLACEMENT
Figure 3-24. Fuel transfer pump, disassembly, and reassembly.
(4) Remove pump by pulling it outward from
accessory drive housing.
(5) Install fuel transfer pump by reversing the
Note. Soak seals in a solution of 1/2
procedures in steps (1) through (4) above.
SAE 30 oil and 1/2 diesel fuel to
b. Disassembly and Reassembly.
soften and facilitate installation.
fuel transfer pump in numerical sequence, using the
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
appropriate puller or arbor press for gear or seal
(1) Clean all parts using any process required to
thoroughly clean, but not damage the part.
(2) Reassemble the pump in reverse order,
using a locally manufactured seal tamping guide (sheet
(2) Inspect transfer pump gears for chipped,
pitted, broken, or worn teeth. Replace defective gears.