Seal (2 rqr)
Figure 3-34. Oil cooler cover and elbows, exploded view.
(2) Inspect cover, housing, and core for cracks,
3-28. Aftercooler for Engine Model D333TA
breaks or other defect. Replace a defective over,
housing or core.
a. Removal and Installation.
(3) Inspect all mounting hardware, elbows, or
(1) Drain coolant system to level below
hose for damage or defect.
aftercooler (TM 5-3810-206-12).
(4) Repair all small leaks in cooler by brazing or
(2) Remove external coolant lines, thermostat,
silver soldering. Replace all mounting hardware, and all
and fittings (TM 5-3810-206-12).
d. Test. The oil cooler will be immersed in water
aftercooler cover and core as required.
and compressed air applied to test for leaks.
(4) Install in reverse order of removal.
Note. Do not exceed 9 psi of air on
coolant side and 50 psi of air on oil
side of cooler.