(2) Remove or install swinging doors (TM 5-
(8) Install components in reverse order.
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(3) Remove or install sliding doors (TM 5-3810-
(1) Clean all parts and dry thoroughly.
(2) Visually inspect panel, doors, and canopies
(4) Remove all attachments from cab panels or
for dents or cracks. Check window or door glass for
canopies (TM 5-3810-206-12).
cracks or other defects. Inspect mounting hardware for
(5) Remove side, rear, or front panel (TM 5-
burs, stripped threads, or other defect.
(3) Repair by straightening dents, welding
(6) Remove panels, canopies, or louver panel
cracks, or replacing defective parts or mounting
hardware. Replace defective insulation panels.
(7) Remove operator's seat (TM 5-3810-206-
Section III. COUNTERWEIGHT
plates, allowing slug punchings to fall into containers.
(b) Install slug punchings into counterweight
The counterweight consists of an extension and the slug
box integral with revolving frame until compartment is
punchings stored in revolving frame box. Four cover
nearly full, secure cover plate on bolts, then place as
plates are positioned on bottom of box, secured by bolts,
many punchings on top of cover plate as possible, and
washers, lockwashers, and nuts.
snug up cover plates by tightening nuts.
Note. Slug punchings should not be
removed except when repairs are to
be made to revolving frame box.
(1) Remove counterweight extension (TM 5-
With revolving frame removed. Slug
punchings will be installed easier by
(2) Remove counterweight punchings as
turning frame upside down, loading
punchings in compartment until
(a) Position boxes or containers under
level, then installing cover plates.
cover plates on bottom of revolving frame counterweight
b. Installation. Install counterweight by reversing
the above procedures.
Section IV. STEERING WHEEL AND SHAFT
(5) Remove two nuts (14), lockwashers (13),
and bolt (10) from lever (12) and camshaft (11); remove
The steering wheel and shaft is mounted at operator's
lever (12) from camshaft (11), then remove camshaft
left hand and enables operator to guide crawler
(11) from cam (26) and bracket (6).
mechanism while positioning crane-shovel basic unit for
(6) Remove two cotterpins (3) from pin (20);
the task to be performed.
remove pin (20) from shaft (23); remove spur gear (21)
from shaft (23), then remove key (22) from shaft (23).
(7) Lift shaft (23) from bracket (6); remove nut
Steering Wheel and Shaft
(9), adjusting collar (8), bevel gear (7), screw (24), and
a. Removal and Installation.
key (25) from shaft (23).
(1) Remove necessary cab panel sections, gear
guards, dirtguards, and shaft covers (TM 5-3810-206-
lockwashers (18) from bracket (6), then lift bracket (6) off
of washer (19).
(2) Remove two cotterpins (26, fig. 4-2) from pin
(9) Press four sleeve bearings (5) out of bracket
(27) then remove pin from steering wheel (1).
(3) Remove steering wheel (1) from s aft and
(4) Remove two cotterpins (3, fig. 4-3) from pin
unless they are to be replaced.
(15), remove pin (15) from bevel gear (16) and shaft (4),
then remove bevel gear (16) and shaft (4) from bracket
(10) Install steering wheel and shafts by
reversing the procedure in steps (9) through (1) above.