TM 5-3810-207-20/TO 36C23-3-37-12
Figure 186. Front brakeshoes, removal and installation.
305. Rear Brakeshoes
(1) Remove the wheel and drum from
brake assembly (par. 285).
instructed on figure 188.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved
cleaning solvent except the brake lining,
and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the brake lining for excessive
wear and glazing. Remove the glazing
by brushing with a wire brush.
(3) Inspect the brakeshoes for cracks,
breaks, and excessive pinhole wear.
(4) Inspect the spring for tension and
inspect all pins for wear. Replace all
mounting hardware as necessary.
(1) Install the rear brakeshoes as illustrated
on figure 188.
(2) Install the drum and wheel (par. 285).
Adjustment. Adjust the rear brakeshoes in a
similar manner as for front brakeshoes (par. 304).