TM 5-3810-207-20/TO 36C23-3-37-12
Figure 188. Rear brakeshoes, removal and installation.
Section IV. PROPELLER SHAFTS AND CONTROLS
The carrier is equipped with four propeller shafts. Each
propeller shaft is equipped with two universal joints and
one slip joint. Each has two flanged yokes for
connecting to driving and driven components. The
propeller shafts are of tubular-type construction.
307. Transmission-to-Transfer Case Propeller Shaft
case propeller shaft in the numerical
sequence as instructed on figure 189.
(2) Remove the rear axle, the tandem, and
the front axle propeller shafts in a
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved
excessive wear and other damage.
Replace spider bearings as necessary.
(3) Inspect all other parts for breaks,
cracks, and other damage. Replace
defective parts as necessary.
(1) Install the transmission-to-transfer case
propeller shaft in the reverse of the
numerical sequence as illustrated on
(2) Install the front axle, the tandem, and
the rear axle propeller shaft in a similar
(3) Service propeller shafts (LO 5-3810-