Figure 37. Jackshaft assembly removal and installation.
gearcase assembly from the revolving frame as
(3) Inspect the boom hoist wire rope drum for
cracks or breaks. Repair or replace a
damaged boom hoist wire rope drum.
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the boom hoist shaft
and gearcase assembly in numerical sequence as
(4) Inspect the boom hoist main shaft for
bends or excessive wear.
replace a bent or excessively worn boom
Boom Hoist Shaft and Gearcase Assembly
hoist main shaft as necessary.
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair
(5) Inspect the drum shaft pillow bearing
Clean all parts with an approved
block for cracks or excessive wear.
Repair or replace a cracked or
excessively worn drum shaft pillow
b. Inspection and Repair.
bearing block as necessary.
(1) Inspect the boom hoist clutch drum for
(6) Inspect the power boom hoist gearcase
cracks, scores or out-of-round.
for cracks or breaks. Repair or replace a
damaged power boom hoist gearcase as
(2) Inspect the clutch drum drive hub for
cracks, breaks or other damage. Repair
or replace a damaged clutch drum drive