HEATER REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. CRANE CAB AND ENGINE HEATER
192. Crane Cab and Engine Heater
The crane cab and engine heater is a fresh air heater
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair
consisting of a generator-type vaporizer burner and
a. Cleaning. Clean all parts with an approved
combustion chamber that discharges the products of
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
combustion through a heat exchanger surrounding the
b. Inspection and Repair. Inspect all parts for
combustion chamber. A blower unit supplies combustion
excessive wear and damage. Replace or repair all
and ventilating air and a control housing contains the
necessary fuel and electrical controls.
193. Crane Cab and Engine Heater
191. Crane Cab and Engine Heater Removal
Reassembly and Installation
a. Reassembly. Reassemble the crane cab and
engine heater in the reverse of the numerical sequence
(1) Remove the crane cab and engine heater
(2) Remove the crane cab and engine heater
(1) Install the crane cab and engine heater
controls and control box (TM 3810-207-
blowers (TM 5-3810-207-20).
(2) Install the crane cab and engine heater
(3) Remove the crane cab and engine heater
controls and control box (TM 5-3810-207-
blower (TM 5-3810-207-20).
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the crane cab and
(3) Install the crane cab and engine heater
engine heater in numerical sequence as illustrated on
Section II. CARRIER ENGINE HEATER
195. Carrier Engine Heater Removal and
The carrier engine heater is similar to the crane
engine heater and operates in a similar manner. Heat is
supplied from two sources within the heater; fresh air
(1) Remove the carrier engine heater (TM 5-
chamber and heat exchanger; and exhaust gases that
(2) Remove the carrier engine heater controls
are products of combustion. The heated fresh air is
and control box (TM 5-3810-207-20).
used for heating the engine oil pan, engine compartment,
(3) Remove the carrier engine heater blower
and battery compartment.
assembly (TM 5-3810-207-20).