Screw, machine, 3/8-16 x % in. (2 rqr)
Center camshaft bushing
Rear camshaft bushing
Front camshaft bushing
Valve tappet (12 rqr)
Intermediate camshaft bushing (2 rqr)
Valve tappet guide (12 rqr)
Figure 78. Carrier engine camshaft, bushings, and valve lifters, exploded view.
b. Inspection and Repair.
(6) Inspect the crank pin.
should be between 3.499 inch minimum
(1) Inspect the crankshaft for scored or
and 3.500 inch maximum.
damaged bearing journals, cracks, breaks,
or other damage. Replace a defective
crankshaft as necessary.
Carrier Engine Crankshaft and Main Bearings
(2) Inspect the connecting rod bearings and
Reassembly and Installation
crankshaft main bearings for scores,
cracks, breaks, or excessive wear.
a. Reassembly. Reassemble the carrier engine
(3) Inspect the bearing caps for breaks,
crankshaft and main bearings in the reverse of the
cracks, or other damage. Replace a
defective bearing cap as necessary.
(4) Inspect the crankshaft main bearing
(1) Install the crankshaft and main bearings
journals for a diameter of 3.749 inch
minimum to 3.750 inch maximum. The
main journal limits are 0.001 inch
(3) Install the pistons and connecting rods
minimum to 0.004 inch maximum.
(5) Inspect the crankshaft end play for 0.005
inch minimum to 0.008 inch maximum.