b. Servicing New Equip met.
(c) Install the filler caps and battery box
(1) Perform the necessary daily preventive
Exercise care when filling the batteries
(2) When the crane-shovel is received with
with electrolyte to prevent splashing
new, dry-charge batteries, and electrolyte is
or spilling the acid on clothing and
packed separately, perform the following
(a) Remove the battery box cover and
The carrier and crane batteries are
serviced in the same manner.
(b) Pour electrolyte into each battery cell
to a depth of % inch above the
Section II. FRONT END ATTACHMENT, INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL
10. Installation or Setting-Up Instructions
(5) Secure the two pendant cables to the boom
The crane-shovel is shipped semi-assembled.
Installation or setting-up instructions consist of installing
(6) Secure the bridle sheave assembly to the
the front end attachment on the basic unit.
a. Positioning The Carrier. The carrier should be
positioned so as to afford the crane operator the best and
safest working angle and the firmest support for the unit
regardless of type of work to be done.
b. Positioning The Outriggers. Position the front and
11. Conversion for Crane Operation
a. General. The equipment used to convert the
crane-shovel for crane operation consists of a boom,
boom hoist cable, bridle sheave assembly, and
telescoping pipes. A boom extension may be used to
increase the length of the main boom. Adequate tools
and organizational maintenance personnel will be needed
to install crane attachment.
b. Crane Room Installation.
(1) With the crane facing toward the rear of the
carrier, back the unit into position, aligning
the main frame boom support holes of the
crane with the crane boom holes.
(2) Using a suitable lifting device, lift the boom
into position, alining the bottom holes of the
main frame boom support with the holes in
the boom, and install the two boom footpins
(3) Install telescoping pipes of boom stop to top
(4) Install telescoping pipes of boom stop to
Figure 6. Outriggers.