(3) Inspect the cables for frayed insulation,
broken wires, bent or broken lugs, and
Repair or replace
(2) Start engine and slowly build up rpm to
damaged cables as necessary.
(4) Inspect the battery box for cracks, breaks
minimum voltage is 27.5 volts.
or other damage. Repair or replace a
(3) If voltage is not built up to required value,
damaged battery box as necessary.
generator is bad; replace generator.
e. Brush Replacement. Replace generator brushes as
104. Generator Drive Belt
a. Adjustment. Adjust the carrier engine generator
106. Generator Regulator
b. Removal and Installation. Remove and install
a. Removal. Remove the generator regulator
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the drive belt with a cloth
(1) Clean the generator regulator with a lint-free
dampened with an approved cleaning
cloth dampened with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the drive belt for cracks, breaks,
(2) Inspect the generator regulator for breaks
and frayed or stretched condition.
and other damage.
Replace defective drive belt.
105. Generator Assembly
a. Removal. Remove the generator assembly as
b. Cleaning and Inspection. Clean and inspect the
generator and mounting. Replace defective generator
c. Installation. Install the generator assembly as
Figure 54. Generator assembly, removal and