Figure 61. Front service turnlight, blackout marker-service park, headlight and
blackout driving light, removal and installation.
25 feet from, a suitable vertical surface.
Measure the distance from the surface the
a. Removal. Remove the headlight as instructed
equipment is upon to the center of the
headlight; mark a horizontal line the same
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the front headlight
distance on the vertical surface; mark
in the numercial sequence as illustrated on figure 62.
horizontal lines on the vertical surface as
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts with a cloth dampened with
(3) Remove the headlight door.
approved cleaning solvent and dry
(4) Turn the top screw in or out for vertical,
adjustment and turn the side screw for
(2) Inspect all parts for breaks, damage and
horizontal adjustment of sealed beam. Use a
proper operation. Replace damaged parts
suitable cover and cover one headlight while
aiming the other.
d. Reassembly. Reassemble the headlight in the
(5) Replace the headlight door.
reverse numercial sequence as illustrated on figure 62.
e. Installation. Install the headlight as illustrated
118. Dome Light
a. Removal. Remove the dome light as instructed on
(1) Headlights must be adjusted properly to
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
prevent a blinding glare to the operator of
(1) Clean all parts with a cloth dampened
an oncoming vehicle.
(2) Position the unloaded equipment on a flat
and level surface at right angles to, and