(1) Install the two carrier engine thermostats and
the thermostat cover as illustrated on figure
(2) Install the hoses on the thermostat cover,
(3) Fill the cooling system to proper level.
151. Water Manifolds
(1) Drain the cooling system.
(2) Remove the hoses from the thermostat
cover, radiator, water pump, and water
Figure 84. Carrier engine thermostat cover and
thermostats, removal and installation.
(3) Remove the thermostat cover and two
are fully closed. The thermostats should
(4) Remove the thermostat sending unit and
start to close at 175 F. and be fully
temperature warning light sending unit
closed at 155F.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(5) Remove the carrier engine water manifolds
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(2) Inspect the thermostats for proper
(1) Clean all parts with a approved cleaning
operation and other damage. Replace
(2) Inspect all parts for breaks, cracks, defective
(3) Inspect all other parts for cracks, breaks,
parts and gaskets.
and other damage. Replace all defective
(1) Install the carrier engine water manifolds as
Figure 85. Carrier engine water manifolds, removal and installation.