Figure 90. Fan, fan belt, and water pump, removal
(5) Remove the water pump as instructed on
Figure 89. Radiator shroud and fan guard, removal
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the water pump assembly with an
approved cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect the water pump assembly for
(1) Install the fan belt and fan as illustrated
breaks, proper operation, and other
damage. Replace defective water pump.
(2) Install the radiator shroud and fan guard
(1) Install the water pump as illustrated on
158. Water Pump Assembly
(1) Drain the cooling system.
(5) Fill the cooling system.
Section XI. CARRIER ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
The pump is located in the crankcase and forces oil
through the oil filter to the main gallery line and is
distributed to the main bearings and other lower parts of
Engine lubrication is furnished by a gear-type
the engine. Oil to the rocker arms is fed up through
recirculating oil pump which is driven from the camshaft.