Figure 95. Carrier muffler, removal and installation.
(4) Remove the intake and exhaust manifold
in numerical sequence as instructed on
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
(2) Inspect the intake manifold and exhaust
manifold sections and center sections for
cracks, breaks, or warps. Replace as
(3) Inspect all capscrews, nuts, and studs for
stripped or burred threads. Replace as
(1) Install the intake and exhaust manifold in
the reverse of the numerical sequence as
(3) Install the carburetor on the intake
170. Valve Cover
(1) Remove the breather tube from the valve
(2) Remove the accelerator bellcrank (para.
Figure 96. Intake and exhaust manifold removal and