(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, leaks,
and other damage. Replace all parts as
(1) Install the hydraulic tubes and fittings as
(2) Bleed the hydraulic system as in d below.
(1) Fill the master cylinder to 1/4 inch from
(2) Fully engage the hand lever which is
affected and leave it engaged.
(3) Loosen bleeder valve on the hydraulic
cylinder affected and allow air to escape.
(4) Tighten the bleeder valve before
releasing the hand lever, so no air will be
drawn into the hydraulic cylinder.
Figure 107. Crane packing gland assembly.
(5) Engage lever for proper operation.
(6) Repeat (1) through (5) above until
183. Hydraulic Tubes and Fittings
hydraulic line and cylinder are fully bled.
(7) Repeat (1) through (6) above for bleeding
(1) Drain lines and master cylinder.
all hydraulic cylinders and lines.
(2) Remove the hydraulic tubes and fittings
Note. Recheck master cylinder and
fill to proper level.
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.