(2) Adjust clutch band release stops (21, 22,
and 30) to allow approximately %2 inch
(3) Inspect all other parts for breaks, cracks
clearance between band and stops with
or other damage. Replace all defective
(3) The band lining should never be allowed
to drag on the drums, when clutch is fully
(1) Install the clutch bands as shown in figure
Check clutch bands
(2) IMPORTANT, make sure the clutch is
b. Removal. Remove the clutch bands as shown
assembled correctly. When looking into
the clutch with adjustment to the top, the
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
dead end should be op the left-hand side.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect clutch band lining for excessive
187. Left-Hand Horizontal Reversing Shaft Clutch
wear and glazing. Remove glazing with a
Adjust, remove and install the left-hand reversing clutch
wire brush. Bands should be replaced
in the same manner as the boom independent hoist
before rivet heads rub against drum.
Replace a clutch band having worn or