229. Front Shock Absorbers
(1) Remove the shock absorber as instructed on
(2) Inspect the shock absorber for proper
operation and other damage. Replace
defective shock absorber.
(3) Inspect the mounting hardware for
breaks, excessive wear, and other
damage. Replace defective hardware.
(1) Install the right-front shock absorber as
(2) Install the left-front shock absorber in a
230. Ventilation Breathers
(1) Remove the front differential breather as
(2) Remove rear differential breathers in a
Figure 138. Rear wheel, removal and installation.
(3) Remove the transfer case breather in a
(2) Install the liner in the tire and inflate tube
slightly to prevent the liner from falling out
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
and the tube from being pinched.
(1) Clean the breathers with an approved
(3) Install the tire on the rim and secure with
the retaining ring.
(2) Inspect the breathers for bends, breaks, and
(4) Inflate the tire to 75 psi.
other damage. Replace defective breathers
Lay tire with the retaining ring down
(1) Install the front differential breather as
and secure the wheel with a chain to
a beam or other solid object while
(2) Install the remaining breathers in a similar
inflating tire to avoid injury.