(3) Install the slack adjusters as illustrated on
Figure 146. Front brakeshoes, removal and
Figure 148. Rear brakeshoes, removal and installation.
e. Brake Adjustment. Adjust the brakes as instructed
242. Rear Brakeshoes
(1) Remove the wheel and drum from brake
(2) Remove the rear brakeshoes as instructed on
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved - cleaning
solvent except the brake lining, and dry
(2) Inspect the brake lining for excessive wear
Remove the glazing by
brushing with a wire brush.
(3) Inspect the brakeshoes for cracks, breaks,
and excessive pinhole wear.
Replace damaged brakeshoes as necessary.
(4) Inspect the spring for tension and inspect all
Figure 147. Slack adjuster removal, installation, and
pins for wear.
Replace all mounting
hardware as necessary.
(1) Install the rear brakeshoes as illustrated on
(1) Install the brakeshoes as illustrated as