Figure 206. Crane engine crankshaft assembly,
removal and installation.
Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect the crankshaft for scored or
damaged bearing journals, cracks,
breaks, or other damage. Replace a
defective crankshaft as necessary.
(2) Inspect the connecting rod bearings and
cracks, breaks, or excessive wear.
(3) Inspect the bearing caps for breaks,
cracks, or other damage.
(4) Inspect the main bearing journals, the
diameter should measure between
2.9985 and 2.9995 inches.
(5) Inspect the crankshaft end play, it
Figure 207. Crane engine crankshaft assembly,
should measure between 0.005 and
(6) Inspect the crank-pin. The diameter
should measure between 2.560 and
The length should
(1) Install the crankshaft assembly as
measure between 1.6855 and 1.6875
(3) Install the connecting rod caps (para.
Reassembly and Installation
Reassembly. Reassemble the crane engine
(5) Install the oil pan and filler block (para.
(6) Install the flywheel and housing (para.
(7) Install the front mount and pulley (para.