(1) Install the flywheel and flywheel housing
Figure 230. Carrier engine flywheel, ring pear, and
flywheel housing, exploded view.
Section XLI. CARRIER ENGINE VIBRATION DAMPER AND PULLEY ASSEMBLY
(2) Remove the carrier engine vibration
The carrier engine vibration damper is
damper and pulley assembly from the
dynamically balanced and attached to the drive pulley
mounted on the front end of the crankshaft. The
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the carrier engine
vibration damper is used to eliminate the vibration of the
vibration damper and pulley assembly in the numerical
451. Carrier Engine Vibration Damper and Pulley
452. Carrier Engine Vibration Damper and Pulley
Assembly Removal and Disassembly
Assembly Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair
a. Cleaning. Clean all parts with an approved
(1) Remove the radiator from the carrier
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect the damper for breaks, cracks, and other
damage. Replace defective vibration damper.
(2) Inspect the pulley for breaks, cracks, and other
damage. Replace defective pulley.
(3) Inspect the remaining parts for damaged
threads, cracks, bends, breaks and other damage.
453. Carrier Engine Vibration Damper and Pulley
Assembly Reassembly and Installation
a. Reassembly. Reassemble the carrier engine
vibration damper and pulley assembly oil
Figure 231. Carrier engine vibration damper and
pulley assembly, removal and installation.